The Australian Chitokai Karate Association was originally formed as the Australian Chito-Ryu Karate Association. Following an extraordinary meeting in early 2005, the membership voted to separate from the International Chito-Ryu Karate Federation and to pursue an independent study of the teachings and legacy of Dr. Tyuyoshi Chitose, the 6th Master of Tode, and the founder of the Chito-Ryu method.
Objects of the Association
The purpose of the not -for- profit association is to promote fellowship of its members who study Chitokai, and to follow the teachings of Dr Tsuyoshi Chitose, founder of Chito-Ryu.
Through the pursuit of excellence in training and the exemplification of the values of martial arts we aim to make a positive contribution to the communities in which we live.
The objects of the Australian Chitokai Karate Association are :
- To support, develop, protect and advance the practice of Chitokai Karate-do throughout Australia
- To establish universal criteria for standards and to ensure that those standards are maintained in all Chitokai dojos.
- To promote inter-school and inter-dojo competitions, seminars and events, and to support competitors for these competitions.
- To abide by the technical rules and requirements of the ACKA as published and managed by Kyoshi Brian Hayes, 7th Dan, Chief Instructor, ACKA.
- To contribute to the professional development of ACKA instructors and prospective instructors and referees.
The Australian Chitokai Karate Association Inc. is a member of the World Karate Federation
Australian Karate Federation Inc.
NSW Karate Federation Inc.
Ryusei International Karate ( Chief Instructor, Hanshi Ken Sakamoto, Kumamoto, Japan)
Hunter Valley Martial Arts website:
Hunter Valley Martial Arts Facebook:
Hunter Valley Martial Arts Instagram:
Whistle Kick Martial Arts Radio:
Ryusei Karate website:
Canadian Chito-ryu website:
Australian Karate Federation website: